Save 10% on all Active Scar Defense products + an extra 20% on 60-Day Kits! See savings in cart.*
COVID-19 Update: In an effort to keep our employees and customers safe, we've temporarily reduced our shipping hours which may cause minor delays. Learn more
9,248,051 “Skin Treatment Devices and Methods with Pre-stressed Configurations”
9,248,049 “Skin Treatment Devices and Methods with Pre-stressed Configurations”
9,248,048 “Wound or Skin Treatment Devices and Methods”
8,674,164 “Segmented Skin Treatment Systems and Methods”
8,592,640 “Devices and Methods for Dressing Applicators”
8,395,011 “Segmented Skin Treatment Systems and Methods”
8,389,791 “Treatment Devices and Methods with Extending Elements”
8,183,428 “Treatment or Prevention of Scars and/or Keloids”
8,168,850 “Methods for the Treatment or Prevention of Scars and/or Keloids”
8,063,263 “Methods for the Treatment or Prevention of Scars and/or Keloids”
7,683,234 “Devices and Bandages for the Treatment or Prevention of Scars and/or Keloids and Methods and Kits Therefore”
9,844,470 "Wound or Skin Treatment Devices and Methods"
The culmination of the below trials and evidence provides clinical documentation and support for the asterisked claims:
*embrace® is the only scar treatment proven to prevent scar formation in multiple, Level 1 randomized controlled trials
1. Gurtner GC, et al. “Improving Cutaneous Scar by Controlling the Mechanical Environment: Large Animal and Phase 1 Studies.” Annals of Surgery 254-2 (2011): 217-225.
2. DCD10962 Rev A Data on File #002.
3. IMPROVE, Lim AF, et al. The embrace Device Significantly Decreases Scarring Following Scar Revision Surgery in a Randomized Control Trial. (accepted, anticipated publication in PRS Dec 13).
4. Longaker MT, Rohrich RJ, Greenberg L, et al. A randomized controlled trial of the embrace advanced scar therapy device to reduce incisional scar formation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 134(3):536-546.
5. Monstrey S, Middelkoop E, Vranckx JJ, et al. Updated scar management practical guidelines: non-invasive and invasive measures. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014;67(8):1017-1025.
6. Young, VL, et. al. Insight into Patient and Clinical Concerns about Scar Appearance: Semiquantative Structured Surveys. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, July 2009, 256-265.
This site and this policy are intended for use by residents of the United States. Different policies may apply to other websites or information that we get offline.
Biocorneum © 2020 Sientra, Inc. All rights reserved.
ScarAway © 2020 Perrigo Company plc.
Kelo Cote © Copyright 2020 Kelo-cote®. All Rights Reserved.
Mederma © HRA Pharma 2019. All rights reserved.
Scarguard © 2020 Scarguard Labs.
BAND-AID® is a registered trademark of Johnson & Johnson. © Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2006-2019
SIGN UP & SAVE!