The culmination of the below trials and evidence provides clinical documentation and support for the asterisked claims:
*embrace® is the only scar treatment proven to prevent scar formation in multiple, Level 1 randomized controlled trials
1. Gurtner GC, et al. “Improving Cutaneous Scar by Controlling the Mechanical Environment: Large Animal and Phase 1 Studies.” Annals of Surgery 254-2 (2011): 217-225.
2. DCD10962 Rev A Data on File #002.
3. IMPROVE, Lim AF, et al. The embrace Device Significantly Decreases Scarring Following Scar Revision Surgery in a Randomized Control Trial. (accepted, anticipated publication in PRS Dec 13).
4. Longaker MT, Rohrich RJ, Greenberg L, et al. A randomized controlled trial of the embrace advanced scar therapy device to reduce incisional scar formation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2014; 134(3):536-546.
5. Monstrey S, Middelkoop E, Vranckx JJ, et al. Updated scar management practical guidelines: non-invasive and invasive measures. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014;67(8):1017-1025.
6. Young, VL, et. al. Insight into Patient and Clinical Concerns about Scar Appearance: Semiquantative Structured Surveys. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, July 2009, 256-265.
This site and this policy are intended for use by residents of the United States. Different policies may apply to other websites or information that we get offline.
Biocorneum © 2020 Sientra, Inc. All rights reserved.
ScarAway © 2020 Perrigo Company plc.
Kelo Cote © Copyright 2020 Kelo-cote®. All Rights Reserved.
Mederma © HRA Pharma 2019. All rights reserved.
Scarguard © 2020 Scarguard Labs.
BAND-AID® is a registered trademark of Johnson & Johnson. © Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2006-2019